March 31, 2009

Anonymous Critics

I have to thank the internet yet again for another one of it's entertaining side effects; the arrogant, overly harsh, anonymous critic. I recently got an Android based phone which is an open-source operating system meaning that anyone with the spare time and knowledge can make whatever program they can imagine and make it available to end users like myself at no cost. In the monetizing, capitalist world we live in I found this quite surprising and, really, pretty cool. People who have spent their free time developing programs for less tech-savvy folks like myself should be congratulated, yet there are those out there who are a bit less, umm, appreciative should I say? Before downloading each application from a marketplace I am able to read a description of the program, what it does, how much memory it takes up, as well as comments from others who have downloaded the program. In the comment box there is space for the three most recent comments and without fail there is always at least one that rips the designer a new one. Some of my favorites are listed below.

This is a comment left for a virtual craps game.
"This app should be called CRAP, not Craps"

This is a comment left for a memory management application.
"I took it upon myself to manage my memory content, by deleting this app."

A few good one-liners include.
"delete"
"thanks for waisting my time, delete"
"this application would be better if it didn't suck so much"

No comments:

Post a Comment