July 8, 2009

Swedish Pancakes

I love food. I have always loved food. Seth and I were treated to Swedish Pancakes tonight. When my cousin told me that we were going to my other cousin's house for some Swedish Pancakes I did not know what to expect. When we arrived, though, there was a sweet aroma in the air. We stepped in, said hello, and followed Marten, my cousin's awesome husband, to the back where he pointed out a deer that had been in his back yard. Marten and the deer were talking before we got there, but the deer had now moved on through the field.



Marten made his way back to the kitchen and we all headed to the dining room. The first round of pancakes made there way to the table and I decorated mine according the standard set by the Swedes at the table. They were delicious. I might be a little bit biased because I have a major soft spot for any dinner that includes ice cream, but oh well. Ah yes, by the way, a Swedish Pancake is basically a really thin pancake, almost like a crepe, then you put your choice of fruit or berry filling (I found the bluberries particularly tasty), then put a scoop of ice cream on your plate and go to town. It tasted like happiness, and they made Seth and I happy and full. Thanks Marten and Nina.

No comments:

Post a Comment