July 4, 2009

The Long Flight Ahead

I am in the airport terminal playing "Who Will I Sit Next To" hoping that I get either the cute girl or the interesting old man.  I would much rather have the cute girl for a seat mate, but at least with the old man I would hear some good stories.  I am really hoping that I don't get the smelly foreign guy because then I would not even be able to converse with my odorific travel companion.  Travel by airplane when you are by yourself is like Russian Roullette.  Airlines have put me in some undesireable seating situations, but that is part of traveling.

I fly from beautiful Ontario, California to Stockholm, Sweden today, with a stop in Phoenix and Newark on the way.  Layovers suck but are a necessary evil of traveling in my budget range.  This portion of my trip I will joined by the inimitable Seth; friend, Stanford grad, saxophone player, and all around good guy.  We have no theme, agenda, or general sketch of what we wish to accomplish with our journey through eastern Europe, and I know this makes Seth uncomfortable.  We will document all the news thats fit to print here.

Well the plane has arrived and it is time to unvail the mystery passenger who will be occupying seat 16c nex to me.  Will it be obese guy?  Maybe Paisty twitchy guy?  Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment