October 1, 2011

Vacationland

It is officially Fall and I am in a place that I have never been this time of year.  Everyone who is not from California always complains that there are no seasons there.  That is true.  Being a California native for my entire life I have come to know that "seasons" is a nicer way of saying that the weather is dismal and undesirable for about 6 months each year.  I don't say this out of arrogance or malice, it is just science.  No one dies when sleeping outside in the horrible 50 degree lows of California in January yet there are appendages and lives lost each winter in areas that have "seasons."  I'm just saying.

Ok, now that I have pissed off all non-California dwellers let me offer an olive branch with my admission that the North East is absolutely beautiful in the Fall.  The colors, the weather, the general feel are all so unique and majestic that I can almost understand living through death inducing cold.  Almost.

For the next two weeks I will be supporting a group of fellow cyclists riding through Maine and New Hampshire. My office will be a breath taking backdrop of reds, oranges, and shades of other colors that nature decides to create and push to the fore only once a year.  There will be pictures and video to come, but for now I only have my words as we have been prepping the hotel to receive the riders and I have not had a chance to really snap many pictures.  I can include pictures of the hotel, but Hampton Inns don't vary much so, use your imagination.

2 comments:

  1. Good to have your blog back. Looking forward to the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete