October 4, 2011

All Wet

Nature is uncontrollable.  I don't think I am breaking news to anyone.  Today reaffirmed this for me.  It rained for a bit, then after it was done raining it torrentially freaking down poured.  Luckily I was in the van, though.  I was dry until all of the riders mutinied against the terrible weather and decided to catch a ride in the van with me, which meant I had to load all 10 bikes on roof rack of the van.  In the pouring rain.  Awesome.  The best part was the gas station/pizza parlor/sandwich shop (all crammed into about 120 square feet) that would not let me in because I was too wet.  We were parked there and I was a previous customer as I had purchased some peanut butter M&Ms.  So, 15 miles of driving in my wet soaked clothes later I was finally able to dry off and feel civilized again.  Unfortunately there are not too many folks out at the stops we have been at and I have not been able to take that many pictures since it has been pouring rain.  Tomorrow looks to be much better and I will be on the bike so more tales from the road as well as pictures to come.

1 comment:

  1. Who are those terrible people and why won't they let my child in. Stick to the south, they are far more hospitable.

    ReplyDelete